Modern outfits or apparels make you naturally attractive. Costumes that one wears may vary with occasions and purpose and in a broader sense can be categorized into formal and informal apparels. Garments are what set people’s eyes on you and something that enhances your personality rather than just a necessity of covering oneself. Fashion market worldwide is witnessing a revolution as far as garment, textile and apparel market is concerned. The cloth making, fabric, weaving and handmade industry is changing with trend demands.
Apparels – Culturally Defined
Apparels around the world are also culturally and geographically defined, especially the ethnic garments. What people traditionally wear in India is different from the Chinese gown. Certain religious communities have specific dresses, too. Muslim women are required to wear a veil. Clothing customs are far different in Asia from the European countries. Clothing in India is largely a cultural affair.
The five main apparel influencers are:
- Culture and traditions
Guide to Choose the Right Apparel
- Apparels are made from variety of fabrics and cloth types
- Seasonal apparels for your wardrobe such as summer and winter wear are bound be different
- There is also a specificity in gender though modern women wear pants and shirts
- Travel apparel for times when you are going for a vacation or honeymoon
- Wedding or special functions need special attire with accessories
- Office apparel that we mostly call the formal look
- Party apparel, the informal costume that suits the present trend and gives you a classy look
- Casual apparel when you are venturing out without any formal meetings planned. It can be a shopping spree or outing with friends, casual apparel are popular among teenagers and young people.
Modern women endorse a smart and glamorous look both ?in their workplace and social life. Homemakers have different sets of choice for apparel while party goers would opt for the chic and trendy outfits. Women apparels as a reason range from ethnic wear such as saree, salwar suits, chaniya choli, lehenga and kurti. The desi look is best defined in ethnic wear that differs from one state to another. Saree of Assam is different from that in West Bengal. For office wear, many prefer sporting the kurti, salwar or trouser and shirt.
It will be wrong to assume that only women are fashionable and conscious of their look and fashion apparel. Men also? sizzle in the fashion industry with innovative dresses in casual and ethnic wear. From leather jackets to vintage jeans, dhoti and sherwani suits, men attire has come a long way in creating sensation.
Bright color, unique shapes and designs along with body-friendly fabrics make kid dresses attractive. There are specialized baby shopping centers and stores that sell kids apparel.
Types of Apparels
- Designer Apparel – Indian designer apparels are creations of fashion designers specializing in making of heavy lehengas, salwar suits, anarkali dresses and cocktail sarees. Their hand embroidery and latest fashion accessory stitching on the fabrics give them a glam look. They are comparatively more expensive than normal ethnic collection in the market?. Designer dresses can be purchased online or from designer stores like Ritu Kumar and Sabyasachi Mukherjee.
- Ethnic Apparel – Ethnic clothes are traditional garments that reflect one’s background, custom and faith. They are known for the traditional fabric and cloth, cut and designs. Fashion shows and ramp walks are not complete without showcasing the ethnic collections for both men and women, especially in Asian countries. We have the famous Mekhla Chadar of Assam woven of silk and cotton cloth and dhoti for men.
- Seasonal Apparel – "While in Rome, do as the Romans do", so while in Rome, you might have to dress like they do, mostly because climate plays an important role in the type of garments you wear. People residing in hot countries have specialized summer collections. Global brands introduce summer and spring fashion dresses and also winter wear.
- Wedding Apparel – When you choose to dress the best in the most memorable day of your life, it involves a long-term planning and innovative thoughts. Wedding gown, lehenga, saree and salwar suit are gorgeous with lovely embellishments and embroidery on them. You should also have the right accessory and makeup.